Is an independent, user led mental health charity working to improve mental health and wellbeing in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan. We have been providing a range of accessible mental health support services since 1997. We have a good track record of delivering quality services with and for people who experience mental health difficulties.
We are committed to providing services that:
- are socially inclusive. We welcome diversity and are committed to challenging stigma and discrimination
- are developed in line with service user need with opportunities for involvement and co-production
- help people work towards recovery and good wellbeing
- value lived experience and treat everyone with dignity and respect
- inform everyone of their rights and range of services available so that people accessing the service can make informed choices
- are delivered in line with the Cardiff and Vale Charter for Adult Mental Health Services
‘4Winds has helped me build enough confidence to take control of my life and look forward to the future.’
‘Without the support of 4Winds I would not have managed to make the changes that have added meaning to my life’
‘I have been supported to do training and volunteering which I never thought I’d be able to do. I love it, it has given me a purpose.’
‘An excellent service where everyone is treated with respect’
‘I was felt so isolated and lonely when I first went to the centre. Now I have a great social network and I’m busier than before I was unwell! Thank you 4Winds!’
Thank you to our main funder Cardiff and Vale University Health Board
Thanks also to those who support our work through small grants or donations and all those who make donations in kind (time, energy and skill sharing); these make a valuable contribution to our work.