Who we are
4Winds is an independent mental health charity providing a Mental Health Resource Service to improve mental health and well being in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan.
4Winds is the Data Controller
4Winds is committed to respecting your privacy and keeping your personal data safe.
Why 4Winds collects data: In accordance with the 4Winds Articles of Association, aims and objectives, 4Winds collects personal data to:
- Share information relevant to our members and organisations we work with
- Keep a record of 4Winds members
- Keep a record of specific pieces of support work with individuals
- Respond to requests for information
- Monitor and evaluate its service
- Recruit and employ staff
- Keep records of contracts, suppliers and organisations
- Keep records of services or products bought by 4Winds
How 4Winds collects data: The personal information we collect has mostly been received directly from you, through membership forms and other sign up forms (e.g. at events or meetings), by telephone or email request and through job applications.
What data is collected and where it is stored: 4Winds collects data relevant to the ongoing provision of services (please see above) and stores this in a database which is encrypted and only accessible to 4Winds staff.
Email addresses may also be stored in email address books. All email accounts have a secure password and all 4Wind’s PC’s are also password protected and locked when not in use.
- For emailing’s, name and email address are stored in email address books. If we have other contact details on record they will be stored in the 4Winds database.
- For hardcopy mailings name and address are stored in the 4Winds database, and optionally, telephone and email address.
- If you apply for a job with us we will collect information about your employment history, qualifications and references.
- If you work or volunteer for us we will collect and use additional personal information such as financial details.
- If you fill in any questionnaires, surveys, or feedback forms we will collect your experiences, opinions and any information you are happy to share with us.
- For monitoring purposes, we may ask for information on equalities characteristics, this is anonymous.
Financial information may also be collected and is securely stored.
Sharing data: Personal data will not be shared with anyone outside of 4Winds without consent. The only exception is that if we feel your safety or someone else’s safety is at risk we may call the emergency services. Email distribution lists will not be shown in any emails/marketing information sent by 4Winds.
Opting out and amending data: Anyone on the 4Winds database can opt out at anytime by request. Requests can be made to any member of staff, in writing to 4Winds, 65 Clare Road, Grangetown, Cardiff CF11 6QP, by calling 029 20388144 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If your personal data changes please contact us by the methods described above.
Accessing the data we hold: You may request access to the information you have supplied at any time by contacting us by the methods described above under ‘Opting out and amending data’.
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, or if you should ever be dissatisfied with the way we have handled your personal data you can call the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at:
ICO Wales contact details:
Information Commissioner’s Office – Wales
Telephone: 029 2067 8400
Fax: 029 2067 8399
ICO Head Office details:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745
Fax: 01625 524510
Adopted: May 2018